Talk Back: 6 Reasons You Should Return to School
Whether it’s a trade school, community college, or university, you’ve been thinking about it and lately it’s really been on your mind. I’m not talking about one of the many New Year’s resolutions that you make year in and year out, but admit that you consider the prospect of finishing your education daily, weekly, or monthly. I’m here to tell you as a fellow student mom, you can totally pursue your academic goals one step at a time and actually succeed!
Here are six signs you should go for it.
1. You hate your job and you complain to everyone in the house about it (even the pets), all. of. the. time. Listen, you’re grateful to have a job and be providing your family a source of income, but let’s just be real, you dread pulling into the parking lot and punching the time clock. You’ve been receiving that $.50 cent raise every year for the past 5 years and you’re sick and tired of it.
2. You always wanted to accomplish your goals.
You’re the type of girl that doesn’t allow society and other people to determine your worth. Either you’re building and fulfilling you’re dreams or you are helping to fulfill someone else’s. Use that God-given brainpower and talent to build your own empire.
3. “Next semester” came and left … three semesters ago!
I get it. You’re a mom and you are extremely busy, but putting off enrollment for another day is just delaying the process. You said you were going to go back last spring and the end of the fall semester is already wrapping up. Hey there doll, the spring semester is approaching again!
4. You know you aren’t being challenged to your full level of potential.
You are a mom for crying out loud! What job is more difficult than that? Seriously, you are already doing a great job at motherhood; let’s kick it up a notch and broaden your education.
5. You want to demonstrate to your children to follow their dreams
Who better to inspire your child to take action and follow through with goals than a parent?
6. You can do it!
You may not know how everything is going to work out but there is a great quote by the author Paulo Coelho: “When you want something, the whole universe conspires to help you.” Take the first step and all the rest of the details will follow. There is greatness inside of you, and it won’t shine forth until you tap into it and push yourself to become greater.