Love Yourself and Your Heart
During the month of February we celebrate Black History Month, Heart Health Month and Valentine’s Day. February seems to resonate with strength, passion, love, happiness and health. Here are five tips to keep your heart smiling this month and every month!
1. If you find something that you’re passionate about, chase after it. Make all those dreams into goals and start achieving them. The days when you are too lazy to workout, too tired to get work done, or too busy busy to eat a healthy hearty meal, remember that you are strong and deserving! A sunny outlook is great for your heart.
2. Play between the sheets. Studies show that increased sexual activity can lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk for heart disease. Not to mention the pleasurable release of endorphins that can keep you smiling for hours on end.
3. Turn on your favorite song and get up and DANCE! You can even create a entire playlist of your favorite jams and dance around the house as you knock out some housework! Not only will you increase your heart rate and burn calories, but you’ll feel good doing it!
4. Put your hands to work on something like knitting, sewing or crocheting. This helps relieves stress and can do your ticker a world of good. Not as handy? Jigsaw puzzles and drawing or coloring work well to relieve stress too.
5. Indulge in some heart-healthy foods like nuts, salmon, whole grain-high fiber cereals, green tea, fruits and vegetables. Remember, at the heart of good health is good nutrition.
Happy Loving Yourself!
About Deanna Jefferson
Deanna Jefferson is a certified Health and Fitness Expert, celebrity trainer, Nike Trainer, and owner of the Fab Body Factory in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. Keep up with her fitness advice via Twitter and Instagram @deannajefferson and her website at deannajeffersonfitness.com. Want to see Deanna in action? Join her on her Fit Trip in Cancun next May! Learn more and reserve your spot HERE.