Fashion Trends with Bevy Smith
Ready to go shopping for the season? JETmag.com has the one thing you’ll need besides your wallet: the latest trends. Fashion Queens star Bevy Smith dishes on the must-buys for this spring:
1. Athletic Wear – “Everyone is doing it from varsity jackets to sneaker-inspired shoes,” she shares. “Another big trend is sweat pants in non-traditional fabrics, like leather.”
2. Metallic Hues — “Last year, we saw a pop of color, but this year that pop is metallic. You wear it the same way, but instead of a bright color it’s a pop of shine. It can be a shoe, belt, pants or skirt,” she shares. Great colors are silver, bronze, pewter and cooper.
3. Pastels — “I love pastels. Everyone looks spirited and young in them,” Smith offers. “You can do a full dress or coat, which is really big. It brings another element of the season to the look. It’s also part of the lady trend — more structured clothes — which is a return to the classic look.”
4. Denim — “You’re seeing denim in every shape and form, from handbags to shoes,” she says. “People are also starting to wear overalls, so denim is huge.”
5. Florals — “You’re seeing floral in every incarnation. When Kim Kardashian wore it last year from head to toe to the Met gala, that was the precursor of what was to come and dwindle down to the masses. Now floral dresses, blouses and shoes are all options,” Smith advises.
For more fashion scoop check out Fashion Queens every Sunday at 11:30pm ET on Bravo.