Creative Spotlight: Illustrator, Bianca Xunise
Creative Spotlight is a weekly Friday feature highlighting Black creatives making trailblazing moves. In this space, your voices are heard and your hard work is celebrated!
Name: Bianca Xunise
Occupation: Designer and Illustrator
Bio: Bianca Xunise is an illustrator and Designer based out of Chicago Illinois. Her work is motivated by her identity as a Black woman, but also deals with the complexities of her plight including anxiety, overall wellness, feeling like an oddball and humor. Since childhood, she’s been drawing personal stories. Her work can be found on sites such as The Nib and Hello Giggles.
JET: What are some of your personal goals?
- To have a wider audience
- Finally complete an autobiographical book.
- Start on an all ages fiction comic series.
- To carve out more space for Black women and WOC artists.
- Secret bonus goal is to have my work translated into film or TV!
JET: What are 5 things that people don’t know about you?
- I don’t like most candy.
- My mom is an artist as well! (itsalogan.com)
- I’ve retained a lot of useless information about 80s music
- I studied at the Second City Conservatory
- I didn’t get my drivers license until I was 28!