Six Reasons To Start Your Business In 2015!
Have you told yourself year after year that you would finally start that business so that one day you could make an exit from your 9-5 and it still has not happened?
If you have been sleeping on the idea of why you should start a business, this is your wake-up call: 2015 is your year! Make this coming year the one where you stop playing around with the idea and make it happen. Now is the best time ever for you to launch your business. With the right idea and action plan behind it, you can be a successful business owner generating wealth beyond what you ever imagined.
While there are many benefits and advantages to starting a business, here are six reasons why you should start your business in 2015:
1. Stability: With the job market in a constant state of shift, stability (that word that scares most people away from entrepreneurship) should actually be your number-one reason for starting a business. When you have your own business, you never have to worry about being laid off again. You also never have to worry about asking your boss for a raise because you can give yourself one. The freedom and stability that you can create by being your own boss is priceless.
2. Numbers Don’t Lie: According to the Kauffman Foundation, nearly 500,000 people start a business each month. With entrepreneurship on the rise, resources for entrepreneurs are on the rise as well that offer assistance to small business owners. You are no longer able to use the excuse that you don’t have the help or the capital you need to start a business. Now more than ever, you can start a business for very low startup costs and there are small business centers located in every state to help you get started.
3. Easy Access To Experts: Today it is so easy to find a business expert who can help mentor you on your journey. When I started the Fire Your Boss Academy to help people transition from employee to full-time entrepreneur in 12 months or less, I wanted to give people the system that I wish someone had given me before I left my job. Having a person who can walk you step-by-step through the process will cut your learning curve significantly when it comes to starting a business. The best advantage of having an expert in your corner is to have a person who can help you avoid the mistakes that they made along the way. While it is possible, I would not advise starting a business without the assistance of an expert. Because working with an expert will cut your learning curve, you will be able to achieve faster results.
4. Earning Potential: Money should not be your biggest reason for going into business, but let’s face it- when you are an entrepreneur you have unlimited earning potential. When you work for someone else on the other hand, you will only get paid what they think you are worth. You should want to be paid what you are worth and ultimately financial independence; entrepreneurship can allow you to achieve that.
5. Do What You Love: Perhaps the best benefit of entrepreneurship is being able to do what you love. There is no greater feeling than doing work that does not feel like work because you love it so much! The saying is true, when you do what you love you will never work a day in your life! When I had my 9-5, I did not realize how unhappy I was until I left. I stopped being so stressed and enjoyed waking up for work because there was sense of fulfillment.
6. Leave A Legacy: Because starting and maintaining a business is one of the most difficult things to do, this journey is something to be truly proud of! Owning a business allows you to leave a legacy because you have a chance to use your business to solve one of the world’s problems. All products or services should be created to solve a problem. What problem will your business solve? I believe that we were all placed here to make a significant contribution to the world through our gifts and talents, the problem is that most people never open up their gift so that they can impact the world. Don’t be the person that will always wonder, “what if I had started that business?”
While being an entrepreneur requires discipline and hard work, it is the best decision I have ever made in my life. The risk is high but the reward is greater when you stick it out and commit to never giving up. Keep going even when things are not going as you planned, remember if it was easy then everyone would do it. Now is your time, stop wishing and start making it happen in 2015!
Raevyn Jones is an award-winning entrepreneur who is quickly emerging as a trailblazer among young professionals and a powerful voice for entrepreneurship and business strategy. Since launching her first business at the age of 21, Raevyn has become an advocate for people to do what it is they love and fire their boss to create their own economy.