Bridal Bootcamp: 11 Tips for Wedding Weight Loss
Welcome to Wedding Wisdom! Every week, wedding planner Tami Smallwood-Brown, CEO of blush|WEDDING & EVENT PLANNING FIRM gives tips to help you plan your dream nuptials from engagement to “I do.” This week, Tami gives timely tips for shedding some pounds before the Big Day.
In just a few days, summer kicks off and wedding season–my favorite time of the year–officially begins! Check out these tried and true tips to get you in tip-top shape for your Big Day and beyond.
1. Track your food intake. Studies show that keeping a “food diary” may double your weight loss efforts. However, the key to this tip is to jot down every morsel of food and don’t leave out a thing.
2. Eat a balanced breakfast. Having breakfast is a great way to kick start your metabolism for the day. Take a few minutes to have a healthy breakfast. Folks who eat in the a.m. tend to consume fewer total calories during the day than people who skip that first meal of the day.
3. Make fitness a priority. Sure, planning a wedding and balancing your everyday duties makes it tough to schedule time for #gymflow. Try setting appointments on your smartphone or waking an hour earlier for a workout routine.
4. Recruit a crew. Nothing keeps you more accountable than a good partner. Your hubby-to-be or one of your bridesmaids will make a great workout buddy. Pick a partner who will cheer you on and give you a good push on the days you’d rather just chill at home.
5. Limit your alcohol and soda intake. Ok, before you stop reading just hear me out. I know there are many reasons to celebrate before the Big Day, but no need to take in empty calories and risk dehydration. Steer clear of the sips to stay in shape.
6. Get some ZZZs. Skipping a full night’s rest can have significant effects on your metabolism, even leading to have weight gain and decreasing your ability to lose weight. Try your best to get at least 8 hours of shut-eye each night.
7. For your body’s sake, hydrate. Drinking water with a meal may make you feel full sooner and, therefore, satisfied eating less. It helps avoid dehydration, which slows down the fat-burning process and hydrates your skin for that radiant glow.
8. Don’t starve, snack. With all of the errands and running around, you may be forced to eat the wrong foods. Keeping healthy snacks in your purse, the car or even in your desk will keep you satisfied. Smart snacking between balanced meals will keep the cravings at bay and help you stay focused.
9. It’s always best to manage stress. If you haven’t hired a planner, what are you waiting for? Hiring an expert to handle the planning will relieve lots of the stress and give you more time to enjoy the process. It’s worth the investment.
10. Sample smart. Chances are you will be sampling cakes and food for wedding really soon. Proceed with caution and watch the portions! A couple of bites of cake or your caterer’s entrée selections should be sufficient for taste testing.
11. Be resourceful. No expensive gym membership? No problem. There are plenty of apps that have exercise suggestions, meal plans and food logs. The Jillian Michaels Slim Down app and Lose it app are two of my faves. Pinterest is another great resource. It‘s full of recipes, “no gym” workout routines and plenty of tips…all for FREE.
YOUR TURN: What’s your favorite weight loss tip? Let us know in the comments!
(Pictures courtesy of Pinterest)