Five (Free) Alternatives to Hiring a Bridal Coach
Sure, you’ve heard about life coaches … but what about bridal coaches?
While perusing Facebook earlier this week, I came across an article by Brides.com about the latest wedding trend: bridal coaches. These
opportunists …I mean, coaches, “help you handle the stress and set and achieve any wedding-related goals.”
And I’m sure it costs a pretty penny, as my grandfather would say.
But fret not, my fellow brides-to-be, here are five things you can do to help restore order to your life WITHOUT hiring a bridal coach:
1) Take a yoga class. There are a TON of free videos available online. To check out my favorite, click HERE. If you’re feeling social, take a class at a local park or the beach. It’s a miracle what fresh air can do to your spirit!
2) Meditate. Brief daily meditations are also available for free online. If meditating isn’t your thing, try writing in a journal for 10-15 minutes each day. Quiet/alone time is very important!
3) Get dirty. Not that kind of dirty … although it may help! 😉 Channel your inner Martha Stewart and whip up a (semi)homemade cake or plant some new flowers for your garden.
4) Be a kid again. Grab your sweetie or your besties and settle in for a night of your favorite board games. You’re never too old for Monopoly!
5) Unplug. Sometimes you just need to chillax. So put down the phone, tuck away the tablet and curl up with a good book for some quality R&R. Just remember to #TreatYoSelf!
About L’Oreal & Jeff
L’Oreal and Jeff met in May 2008, became friends and went on their first date at the Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium in May 2011. They currently reside in Chicago and are planning a fall 2014 wedding in Baltimore with a LOT of purple details. Despite rooting for rival NFL teams, they love laughing and having fun together and look forward to getting married!