Digital Beauty: Official Rules
JET Magazine Digital Beauty Contest Official Rules
These are the official terms and conditions for the “JET 2014 Digital Beauty Contest” (the “Official Rules”).
1. Eligibility. At time of entry, contestants for the JET 2014 Digital Beauty Contest (“Contest”) must be legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and 18 years of age or older. Employees of Johnson Publishing Company, LLC and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate family members” are defined as spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
2. Contestants Submission. Each contestant must submit to email@example.com the following: their full name; one high-resolution photo of themselves in a tasteful bathing suit; Twitter handle; occupation/college major; and a one sentence (20 words or less) explanation as to why they would make an ideal Digital Beauty. Submissions must be submitted between designated periods, by month. Votes may be subject to standard internet connection fees. Limit 1 submission per contestant. Contestant must own the photo or otherwise have the right to submit the photograph for consideration in the Contest. All photos should accurately reflect the contestant. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified. Acceptable are adjustments to color, contrast, brightness and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches; cropping; and black and white conversions. The JET Magazine editorial staff will review the entries and select the 5 finalists, who will be posted on the jetmag.com website for voters that visit the website.
3. How to Vote for Contestants. Submit your vote for your JET Digital Beauty contestant during the Voting Periods, as hereinafter defined, by clicking the button adjacent to or below the name of the contestant of your choice, then follow the instructions to complete the voting process. Limit 1 vote per day. Use of any device to automate a vote is prohibited, including but not limited to software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated votes. JET Magazine reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and remove any votes from that individual) it suspects or finds: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the voting process; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. JET Magazine reserves the right to remove votes at its sole discretion. If, for any reason, any aspect of this voting process is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures or disruption, ‘Acts of God’ or terrorist attacks, or any other causes beyond the control of JET Magazine which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the voting process or for any reason Jet Magazine deems it necessary, JET Magazine reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify the voting process and reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine the winner(s).Participate in this voting process is at your own risk. JET Magazine, and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, related companies, sponsors, subsidiaries and advertising agencies, and any entity associated with this voting process (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) difficulty accessing telecom systems; (ii) errors in transmission; (iii) service outage or delays or for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof: (iv) any incomplete, lost, late, delayed, misdirected or garbled votes or failure to receive votes; (v) injury or damage to you or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading materials or software, or attempts to participate in or download materials or software related to this voting process. Released Parties are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Released Parties that may cause the voting to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Official Rules or (iii) any errors in the announcement of potential winner(s). Participants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the voting opportunity described in these Official Rules, and release Released Parties and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any such claim or liability. All interpretations of these Official Rules and the decisions of JET Magazine relating to this voting process are final.
4. Selection. Contestant with the highest number of votes at the end of the voting period may win. If a contestant appears to be a leader or winner during the Voting Period, that contestant has not yet been declared the winner. JET Magazine shall declare the official winner. All contestants are subject to verification by JET Magazine and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and return of all necessary releases and affidavits, or they may be disqualified. JET Magazine is not bound by any voting mechanism set forth herein as it maintains sole discretion to name the contestants and the winner.
5. Prize. The declared winner could be featured in an issue as determined by JET Magazine. Prize has no cash value.
6. Publicity Release. Contestants grant JET Magazine and its affiliates the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Contest, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or additional consideration.
7. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Contest, contestants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless JET Magazine and its affiliates from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Contest; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, contestants agree that JET Magazine: (a) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest and/or with respect to prizes. Each contestant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless JET Magazine from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against JET Magazine and hereby acknowledge that JET Magazine have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize.
9. Governing Law/Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Contestants, voters, or Johnson Publishing Company, LLC in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
10. List of Contest Winners/Official Rules Requests. To receive a list of winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: JET Digital Beauty Contest, Johnson Publishing Company, LLC, Attn: Jet Magazine, 200 S. Michigan Ave., 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60604. Please indicate which Contest winners list you are requesting. A winners list may also be posted on the Website for sixty (60) days after winner(s) are selected. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Johnson Publishing Company, LLC, Attn: Jet Digital Beauty Official Contest Rules, 200 S. Michigan Ave., 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60604 prior to the end of the Entry Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.