Twerking World Record Set
But on Wednesday afternoon, more than 350 people gathered with the Queen of Bounce Big Freedia to break the Guinness World Record for twerking.
We’re not sure if a previous record existed; however, more than 350 people showed up at New York’s Harold Square to twerk for two minutes straight. Interestingly enough, there were some pretty strict twerking parameters for the attendees to follow in order for the record to count:
1. Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
2. Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
3. Twerking action cannot comes from knees – hips only
4. Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted – no hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
5. Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
6. All participants must twerk simultaneously for two minutes when Big Freedia gives the signal
7. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire two minutes will be deducted from the final total
You can read the rest of the story here and watch the video below: