Top 5 Grammy Performances
We can all agree the Grammys can be a bit long-winded, so it’s a good thing there are entertaining performances every once in a while to break up the monotony of “And the award goes to…” Below are my five favorite performances from the evening. Check them out and let me know what you think:
1. Beyonce and Jay Z: Duh. Who else did you think I’d pick for number one? No one can open a show and shut it down quite like Queen Bey, who delivered the first televised performance of “Drunk in Love” with hubby Jay Z off her surprise album, which dropped last year. Beyonce didn’t come out in time for nominations, but Bey still seemed to win big.
2. Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons: Our cover rapper K. Dot and Imagine Dragons delivered an explosive cross-genre performance that just seemed to make perfect sense. Whoever thought up this pairing should get an award!
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: Say what you want, but this hip-hop duo deserves an applause for their support for gay rights. During their “Same Love” performance featuring Mary Lambert and a special appearance by Madonna, talk show host Queen Latifah officiated marriages for more than 30 couples of all races, ages and sexual orientations. So sweet!
4. Daft Punk and Everybody: The French Robots gathered some of music’s biggest power players for this dance-friendly performance featuring producer Pharrell Williams and his hat; guitarist Nile Rodgers of “Le Freak” fame; and the legendary Stevie Wonder. Does it get much better than that?
5. Pink: Let me see you spin upside down and still deliver a stellar performance. In my humble opinion, Pink doesn’t get the credit she deserves among the Beyonces and Rihannas of the world. But that doesn’t stop her from continuing to dazzle and delight her fans around the world.
YOUR TURN: What was your favorite performance of the evening? Let us know in the comments!