Decoding Kanye: The GQ Interview
When it comes to Kanye West, “[We] don’t have the answers.”
But his rants, outbursts, and head-scratching analogies continue to keep us quite entertained. And it’s no secret that when it comes to Mr. West, it’s time to get out your pen, pad and make sure your thinking cap is on because class is in session and decoding Yeezy instantly becomes the assignment.
In this round of Decoding Kanye, JET takes a look at the five funniest lines from his latest GQ cover story.
Now class, shhh, listen Mr. West is speaking.
1. Kanye doesn’t want anyone to think of him as a predator or shark. No, that’s too vicious and he doesn’t plan on harming anyone. Think of him more like, like a well, let’s have him tell you: “…But also, there’s no fangs. I don’t have fangs. I’m a porcupine. I’m a blowfish. Like, I’m a—what’s the fish that blows up? … yeah, I’m a blowfish.” Awww, the softer side of ‘Ye.
Moving on …
2. Where have we been? Because clearly Page Six has nothing on the cultural significance of Kimye. Yes, Kimye breeds cultural brilliance and innovation. “The concept of Kimye has more cultural significance than what Page Six could write.”
3. I guess the phrase “Beauty and Brains” is just a figment of our imagination. Apparently, when you’re Kim K., having an amazing body and being into style, is all you need to be great in life: “You mean to tell me that this girl with this f—— body and this face is also into style, and she’s a nice person, and she has her own money and is family-oriented? That’s just as cool as a f—— fighter jet or dinosaur! And just as rarely seen.”
Here’s a kicker…
4. A lesson on infectious love and …dinosaurs? Yeah, we were a bit confused too. But here goes: “Like they said in Step Brothers: Never lose your dinosaur. This is the ultimate example of a person never losing his dinosaur. Meaning that even as I grew in cultural awareness and respect and was put higher in the class system in some way for being this musician, I never lost my dinosaur.”
Umm, did he just compare his wife to a dinosaur? The question was: “Why did you decide to get married?”
Oh and another one…
5. Sway may not have the answers, but to Kanye, his new wife Kim has them all, including what it takes to win without showing the struggle. “In order to win in life, you need to have some Kim K. skills, period. Yeah…well… that’s just too easy. I’ll let you all have that one. 🙂
And there you have it, the mind of Kanye. Share your Decoded Kanye quotes in the comments section!
Read the full interview here.
(Photo Credit: GQ)