Chief Keef’s benefit concert was shut down yet again over the weekend after police said he was not authorized to perform.
For the last two weeks, the rapper has been trying to host a memorial concert in honor of a 1-year-old boy struck by a vehicle fleeing from a shooting that left one of the rapper’s associates dead.
His first attempt was last week. The 19-year-old planned to hit the stage at Chicago’s Redmoon Theater via hologram. He could not attend in person due to outstanding warrants. After City Hall stated that his presence “posed a significant public safety risk,” the venue called off the show.
On Saturday night, the lyricist gave it another shot, hoping to appear at the end of Craze Fest, a one-day event in Hammond, IN that featured other artists including Lil Bibby, Jacqueese, Tink and Riff Raff.
Instead, the Chicago native’s mic was cut off about five minutes into his set. Law enforcement there said he was not permitted to perform.
“I’ve heard (Chief Keef) promotes violence, and I don’t want that for our city and our officers,” Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott told the Chicago Tribune. “We warned (Craze Fest Promoter Devon Bonaparte) we would shut it down if they put Chief Keef on, and we did.”
Cops cleared attendees from the scene without incident.
No word yet on if Chief Keef will reschedule. Get the full story here.