Looking for a movie this weekend? Check out The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey–that is if you’re a fantasy/sci-fi buff and/or already a fan of The Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, directed by Peter Jackson, is the prequel to The Lord of the Rings saga but just as epic. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is the tale of misplaced dwarfs and an unsuspecting Hobbit who ends up on a journey with the dwarfs, guided by Gandalf the grey, to help the dwarfs reclaim their stolen kingdom. JETmag.com got a chance to see the flick. Here are some major points we want you to know before you see it.
1. It starts of slow and almost seems more like a kids movie, but be patient. Once the journey gets under way the action gets good.
2. Gollum. Enough said.
3. Orcs, goblins, dragons and giant spiders, oh my! This is just a taste of some of the terrifying creatures who make the journey that much more epic.
4. The fight scenes are exhilarating.
5. Visually, the cinematography is stunning.
6. Elves. Who doesn’t love the Elves and their kingdom of Rivendale?
And without further adieu, here is the trailer: