6 Things That Happened Over New Year’s Holiday
Stepping into 2016 has already been quite eventful. And as with any new year comes reflection, new perspectives and for those who see fit, a time for change and evolution. So while we had the ability to take a step back from the demands of the gig, life went on and here are 6 things that happened while we were away.
6. Jaden Smith is the new face of Louis Vuitton’s Swimwear…for women. Well, if this isn’t shaking things up a bit in the fashion world. The offspring of Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith has stepped into new territory as the visual muse for LV’s latest collection.
5. The New Year may already be bringing in some good cheer and squashed beefs for a few celebrities. Over the festive turn of another year, fans and followers were shocked to see Birdman and Lil’ Wayne ring in 2016…together. Yep, the two appeared in a photo that hit Instagram, and it looked quite peaceful. Does this mean a drop of lawsuits and mending brotherhood? Only time will tell.
Happy New Year ya heard me!!! Yea that’s Stunna yea that’s Tune yea that’s 2Chainz yea that Hood yea that’s T@ yea that’s Mack yea 2 da yea love 2 da love!!!! #FamilyLiveAtDrakePartyHePerformingRightNow
A photo posted by Mack Maine (@mackmaine4president) on
4. Keshia Knight Pulliam aka Lil’ Rudy is getting married. The actress announced her engagement to former NFL player Ed Hartwell on New Year’s Eve.
A photo posted by keshiaknightpulliam (@keshiaknightpulliam) on
This was a low-key romance. The last we heard, Kesh and Big Tigg were going strong for years. Whoop. When it’s right, it’s right. Congrats, Keshia and Ed!
3. Kanye released #Facts. In straight Yeezus fashion, the entertainer and visionary dropped some truthful bars over the holiday. Taking on the cadences of Drake and Future’s “Jumpman”, Yeezy flexes his accomplishments and observations of the fashion industries. He paid special attention to the Nike brand and success of his Yeezy boost shoes.
Take a listen.
2. Chris Brown was caught in the headlines. Apparently, Las Vegas police are investigating an assault case with him as their lead suspect. Following his performance at Club Drais, a woman claimed that she attended a private party at a hotel with the singer. Things took a turn once he was discovered she snuck her phone in and attempted to take a picture of him. From there, she said the 26-year-old, who has been celebrating the release of his Royalty album, punched her in the eye.
Chris denies the allegations and left the below message on in his Instagram.
In addition, Chris is reportedly filing a lawsuit against the woman.
1. The world lost another talented angel when the iconic Natalie Cole passed. The news circulated the media with many paying tribute to the “Unforgettable” songtress. JET and EBONY honored Ms. Cole with archival footage and memorabilia of the jazzy soul over the years. Click through the gallery here. Watch video footage here.
A photo posted by JET Magazine (@getjetmag) on