Five Steps To Achieving Slip-Proof Foundation
The tricks to all-day stay makeup.
We all experience at least a couple of bad foundation days. Maybe you haven’t found your perfect match (which you can solve by a custom shade from Kevyn Aucoin), or your face can’t stop peeling. It’s the worst feeling to have your flawless face ruined by pore preparation. There are tips that you can stick by to make sure that you have more good foundation days than bad ones. After all, Instagram doesn’t have any days off.
Here are the most popular tips from Redditors for a flawless application:
- Make sure that you take care of your skin: It’s essential that you keep a healthy skincare regime for a smooth base. If you don’t have an exfoliator that you use 2-3 times a week or a mask to rehydrate your skin, then it’s time to add one to your routine.
- Get the right moisturizer and sunscreen for your skin type: No matter how many products that you have in your skincare routine, if you don’t have the right products, then they’ll end up failing you. You want a moisturizer that absorbs into your skin. If there is excess product on your skin, then your foundation will slide off of your face.
- Look at the ingredients of the products in your routine: You may not realize that your makeup routine has products with ingredients that clash making your foundation not stand a chance. If your serum has a high water base but your moisturizer is oily, then any products that you apply on top of your face will separate.
- Get to love a brand that has skincare and makeup: Including as many products of the same brand may solve your problem. Brands make products that work well together which could make it easier for you when trying to find a regime that soaks into your skin. Make it easy to enhance your natural skin.
- Don’t be afraid to ditch your setting spray: If your setting spray isn’t mattifying your skin, then don’t be afraid to toss it out of your routine. Makeup will naturally set as the natural oils in your skin are produced, and a mattifying primer can do the job.
Photo Credit: Jesse Grant /Getty Images