Hannah Bronfman Is Refusing to Lose Weight for Her Wedding
And why everyone should.
The fitness blogger, DJ, and overall star of Instagram, Hannah Bronfman, just declared a ban against shedding weight for her wedding day. Though Bronfman doesn’t have much room to lose weight as it is–her body is the toned goals of over 350k–she did pique our interest. “I think self-love and self-care are important every day, and on a day you are marrying the love of your life, you should focus on feeling good and celebrating that love,” says Bronfman.
Instead of overworking her body in preparation for the wedding, Bronfman is slowing things down and healing her body through several other methods. “Planning a wedding is stressful for so many reasons already, so instead of focusing on how your body looks, try to focus on how you feel.” Considering how stressful it is to be planning a wedding, the last thing that you’d want to do is pile on added exercise and strain on your body. We can get behind this movement if it means a little extra curve in our dress.
Here are the ones that she has mentioned using:
- Breathing Practice as a form of meditation that she does both in the morning and night.
- Herbal supplementation for her immune health, joint strength, and skin.
- Releasing body toxins through the basic method of sweat.
- Baths and long soaks in her tub to open up her pores while masking to relax.
- Cleansing her gut through colonics.
- Bodytalk, a form of therapy that promotes internal healing through emotional and mental processes, with a therapist that specializes in the practice.
Photo Credit: Getty/Andrew Toth